05 nights/ 06 days Cairo, and Saint Catherine
Day 01: Arrival
Welcome to Cairo! Your tour begins when you are greeted by our representative who will assist you through immigration and customs formalities. After you have collected your luggage he will then take you, in our deluxe vehicle, to your Cairo hotel.
Day 02: Cairo
Breakfast at the hotel is followed by a full day tour. In the morning you will be driven to see the Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx: the most famous monuments of not only ancient Egypt, but of the entire ancient world! These massive stone structures were built around 4,500 years ago on a rocky desert plateau close to the Nile.
In the afternoon you will be taken to the Egyptian Museum: gaze at the wonders of King Tutankhamen, including his golden death mask; stare upon the mummies of some of Egypt’s ancient pharaohs (optional); lose yourself in the many rooms and galleries, where thousands of artefacts are awaiting your visit. At the end of this exciting day you will be driven back to your hotel.
Day 03: St. Catherine And Mount Sinai
After breakfast you will be taken, in our air-conditioned vehicle to St. Catherine and the monastery at the foot of Mount Sinai. Though it is a 390 KM, 5 hour drive, you will delight at driving underneath the Suez Canal, the all-important lunch break, and the many sites along the way; including Moses Springs. Upon arrival at St. Catherine it will be time to check-in before settling down for your dinner.
Day 04: Cairo
The day begins; pre-breakfast, with an optional early morning climb up Mount Sinai to watch the phenomenal sunrise. Please note: this trip is for volunteers only!
After breakfast it is time to check-out and then visit St. Catherine’s Monastery before being driven back to Cairo. Upon arrival it is time to check-in, and overnight in Cairo.
Day 05: Cairo
After breakfast you will be taken to the Citadel of Saladin, the fortress built between 1176 and 1183 AD, to protect Cairo from the Crusaders and rebuilt by Muhammad Ali Pasha, whose mosque is a “must see”.
After lunch, at a local restaurant, you will be taken on a tour of Cairo famous Churches, including: The Hanging Church and the Church of St. George the Martyr, 2 churches built into the walls of the Fort of Babylon and its remains could be Cairo’s oldest structures; and the Church of Abu Serga (St. Sergius), where, it is said, the Holy Family took shelter in a cave, with the church being erected her to commemorate this. This whole area is a world famous destination for Pilgrims.
At the end of this exciting day you will be driven to visit the old market of Cairo (Khan El-Khalili) to test your haggling skills, and then taken back to your hotel.
In the evening enjoy Nile cruise dinner, which lasts for 2 hours, sailing on the Nile with Folkloric Shows and Belly Dancers. At the end of this cruise you will be driven back to your hotel.
Day 06: Final Departure
Your final day starts with breakfast at the hotel followed by check-out. You will then be transferred to the airport for your final departure
End Of Program
|Travelers 2-5||Travelers 2-5||Travelers 5-10||Travelers 10-15||Travelers 15-20||Travelers 20-50|
|Per Person In Double room||$880||$830||$760||$710||$690|
- Above prices are WITHOUT international airfare
- Above prices are applicable all year: except for the Easter and Christmas periods
- A private tour with private guide and private transportation
- 4 night’s accommodation in Cairo at a 5 star hotel on bed and breakfast basis
- 1 night’s accommodation in St Cathrine (Breakfast, Dinner included)
- Dinner Nile cruise with show
- All transfers as per above mentioned program
- Private English speaking Egyptologist guides as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing
- All applicable taxes
- Private and deluxe air conditioned vehicle for all transportation
- Meals: 5 breakfasts + 4 lunches + 3 Dinner
- Arrival/departure assistance.
- Luggage handling at airports and hotels
- Entry visa, USD 15 per person
- Tipping for guides, driver,Nile cruise crew etc….
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone calls, etc…
- Full board meals supplement, USD 80 per person